Certified Organically Grown produce direct form our farm to your table, every week!
Community Supported Agriculture cultivates and nurtures a beneficial partnership among farmers, community members and the land. CSA members join our farm in a mutual commitment for the season: Farmers produces nutritious, organic food while the members share in the risks and benefits of the production and harvest.
When joining Radical roots CSA, you purchase a share of the harvest before the growing season begins. Your investment helps to cover the up-front operating costs and in return you receive all the bounty of the harvest.
Fresh, Local and Organic
CSA is the freshest way to receive vegetables because they are delivered moments after harvest. By investing in Radical Roots CSA you support the local economy and get the benefit of knowing how and where your food is grown. CSA members recieve a 10% discount at our market stand!
How much is in a share each week?
Each share will contain between 9 & 12 different items. The share has a structure that is consistent even though there is a lot of diversity. A share will contain:
- One fresh cut herb (basil, parsley or cilantro and others)
- A salad green (salad mix, head lettuce or cut lettuce mix)
- A cooking green (Kale, chard, cabbage, spinach or bok choi)
- An allium (scallions, garlic, onions or leeks)
- Usually a root (radish, beets, or carrots)
- Summer fruits, with a lot of them starting in July! (tomatoes, peppers, eggplant and squash)
What if I go on vacation?
You have three options:
- Have a friend or neighbor pick up in your absence
- Let us know 48 hour before your pick up time that you will be gone, we won’t harvest your share, and you can an equivalent value at market the next week
- After the pick up time expires the vegetables will be donated to a food bank
Where do you offer CSA shares?
We offer CSA shares in Harrisonburg and Charlottesville, as well as at the Burke Farmers Market. Our Harrisonburg CSA pick up is on Mondays at the Friendly City Food Coop from 4-6. Our Charlottesville CSA pick up is at Albemarle Baking Company on Wednesdays from 4-6. Our Burke Farmers Market is on Saturdays from 8-12. We harvest the morning of and email out a reminder each pick up day with news of what is in your share.
How can I experience the farm?
Everyone is invited to our annual harvest party and all CSA members are welcome to pick your own herbs and flowers on the farm (Please contact us to schedule).